Monday 30 December 2019

Java Argyll

Colleen made this gorgeous quilt top, the pattern is Java Argyll by Jinny Beyer.  
I see when I found the link that the pattern is free.

I watched Colleen do much of the piecing on this top a few retreats ago, she took great care to pin all the seam intersections and it paid off!   I knew I wanted to CC (continuous curve) those diamonds as she was piecing, and of course feathers in that outer border.  Some quilts really do speak to you.  The only decision I had to make at time of quilting was the inner borders.   The thread is Glide Dusty Plum.

 This quilt made me so happy while I was quilting--I generally do CC freehand, and this was no exception. 
 The navy Minkee backing shows the quilting so nicely, as well as being super soft and cuddly.
It's a little hard to see- the blue diamonds got a double CC.
I'm pretty sure Colleen said this was going on her guest bed....I might have to go have a sleepover :)


No comments:

Post a Comment