Thursday 26 December 2019

Slide Show- Cat-i-tude and Harry Potter

Sandy made these two quilts for her daughters.   She had the Cat-i-tude panel, and was wondering how to create a quilt for her daughter with it, when she saw my Alaskan Slide Show.    She decided it would be a great pattern for her panel, and ordered the pattern .  She changed the sizes a bit, to best use the panel.
 The colors in these fabrics are so rich, they are beautifully designed.  I think the pattern focus blocks are 7 1/2" finished, and Sandy's cats are 10" finished. 
 Sandy brought me 3 quilts-- I think she must have bought a whole bolt of wide width black fabric.   It's perfect on these quilts, and lets the quilting show, although I was teasing that she maybe needed to include a lint roller as part of the gift--that solid black attracts every bit of lint from miles around. 
 Sandy's other daughter is a huge Harry Potter fan, so she was thrilled to find these fabrics.  
 My daughter saw the swirls over Hermione's face as I was quilting and it reminded her of the movie scenes when the apparate.   Score 1 for the quilter!!



 Sandy had these two huge queen quilts, plus another one in my queue to bind, so I suggested Susie's Magic Binding to her--doesn't it look great?  She was able to bind this in less than a day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment