Thursday 2 January 2020

Looking Glass

Katherine made this tiles quilt, from an Edyta Sitar pattern Looking Glass, which is based on an 1870 antique quilt.

 Katherine wanted a traditional baptist fan on this quilt, and the only way to get that to line up correctly is to use templates (or rulers).    It made me happy that the block was 15 1/2" on point and my largest arc was 15 1/2" finished.  Nice symmetry. 

Did you know you can mark registration lines on your templates with sharpie and it will later come off with rubbing alcohol?   I needed a line that didn't exist on the template, so was able to mark it in.
 Katherine used the left over bits from piecing in the back, and pieced her label right in. 
Wool batting really helps the texture show. 
 I love quilting for Katherine, because of the fabrics she uses.  I'd have a hard time believing that they go together and yet they do, beautifully.   I also love the patterns she uses, she has inspired me more than once.


When seams are pressed open it's almost as pretty on the back :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment