Thursday 9 July 2020

3 Quilts from Marilyn


Look at that nice fat roll on the takeup roller.  Marilyn brought 3 quilts with one 150" piece of minkee backing.   I had to load it perpendicular to how I normally load minkee but had no issues at all.    And, because I only needed 1" between quilts, Marilyn didn't need to buy as much backing as she would have with 3 different pieces.     All unfurled below....
As I mentioned in my previous post, I've been feeling in a quilting rut, so set out to use 3 new to me Christina Cameli designs.   I  took inspiration from fabrics....this quilt below had bubbles in the fabric, and the border fabric felt water-y to me as well, so I used Effervescence from Christinas Step by Step Free Motion quilting book.  
I was 3/4 of the way through the quilt when I look at my reference page again and realized I could have been quilting through the center of the bubbles....but I think it looks just fine like this.   

This quilt also read as water to me--and there were fish in the fabrics--so I gave them some seaweed to live in and eat.    Billow is the name on this design.
I like how it looks, however when stitching this design again I'll make sure the open spaces are smaller--narrower centers for the fronds


And these multicultural paper dolls?   There are bubbles in the border fabric, so I went with bubbles.   Christina calls this design Sylph. 


This is of course the same soft yellow backing, but the photo isn't true.  

No comments:

Post a Comment