Monday 2 November 2020

Mariners Compass

 

This is Katherine's quilt and the photo that she posted on her instagram.  I just love the quilt against the red barn.

Katherine said "this is my version of a Mariners Compass quilt, Massachusetts circa 1840 from the Pilgrim/Roy collection.  It was shown at the Museum of Fine Arts Boston in 2014".    If you have instagram and can look at Katherine's (@quiltkat) post she included a photo of her inspiration quilt.  I cannot link to it from here.  


Katherine had no pattern, so she drafted these blocks herself.    We didn't want the quilting to be too heavy--and of course there should be feathers.

I was glad to borrow Katherine's photo, as the light was so poor the day I took photos, I got much better photos on the frame.  My goal was to emphasize the circles of the compasses, and I was so glad to see that showed in Katherine's distance photo 



I'm so glad I get to quilt for Katherine.  




1 comment:

  1. JUST amazingly beautiful and elegant!! perfect quilting!

    ReplyDelete