Monday 20 February 2012

Flamingo Sunset

Here's another Yellow Brick Road quilt.  I've been quilting this pattern for almost 8 years now, I'm sure more than 30 of them...I've quilted them each differently too, I think.  They've all been freehand except for this quilt makes the 3rd pantograph.

The pantograph on this is Anne Bright's Flamingo Sunset.  I bought 5 pantographs from Anne at MQX West last October, and this is the 2nd one I've used.  I chose this one because it doesn't feel gender specific (no flowers), and we don't know who the recipient of this quilt will be yet.   I don't usually quilt this openly, so it's good to practice a more open stitching pattern, and it stitched up nicely.  I think quilting more densely came from only having 5-6" of quilting space before with my other setup...





If the word flamingo wasn't in the name of the pantograph, I wouldn't be able to pick that shape out at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment