Sunday 18 October 2020

Checkers, Anyone?

 
Checkers, Anyone? is a kit I got at Rumpled Quilt Skins last December.   As normally happens in that gorgeous store, I found a kit I couldn't resist, carried it around with me while I browsed the rest of the store, had internal and external conversations about not needing another project, what will I DO with the quilt (still don't know), but it's so lovely, don't need it, I know exactly how I'm going to quilt it etc etc,  until one of my friends ("the enabler") compared the price to a ski lift ticket (our husbands were probably skiing that December day), and then bought the kit.   I knew how I wanted to quilt it---that's what made it come home with me.   Pieced in early March, when I was so thankful for a simple, straight forward project, and quilted in August. 

I just love how they put fabrics together at Rumpled Quilt skins, from across many lines.    I added the dark inner border--it felt more finished to me that way.   Luckily there was enough fabric in the kit to do that--maybe it was supposed to be the binding??
I hadn't realized until I got home how music themed the border fabric was.  I guess cassette tapes are to my kids as 8-tracks were to me. 


 

2 comments:

  1. Your quilting is perfect for this quilt - Woo! Hoo! that it's finished and turned out so beautiful! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another beautiful quilt. Your quilting is perfect! What is the finished size?

    ReplyDelete