Friday 16 October 2020

Elvira in Blues

 

This is my Elvira quilt--also pieced in March.   When everything else came to a screeching halt.  The story behind the quilt and Vicki's version of Elvira can be found on a previous post here.
The free motion quilting pattern is Enoki, from Christina Cameli.  I've been searching for the right quilt to put this on for a while and finally found it.   I gifted this quilt to a 10 year old, and we were discussing what the quilting design could look like---trees, aliens, mushrooms, lollipops....so much fun to imagine.    The young man loves his quilt--his Mom told me she wanted to put it aside while he ate dinner, and was told "Michelle told me to use the quilt and it's washable".  So, the quilt stayed during dinner.   The next day Mom reported it was in the wash!  
 

 

And here's a shot of the flimsy in front of a window, with the light shining through...I just love the range of blues in this quilt.   It was another quick, simple project when some simplicity was needed.  It was also fun to work on 'with' friends--texting photos back and forth and checking in on Gudrun's facebook page as progress was made. 


No comments:

Post a Comment