Wednesday 24 November 2021

Baby Quilts

Heather had brought me more baby quilts. She really likes this pattern for babies, as the prairie points give them something to tug at. And, as before, Heather had double batting for these. She's convinced me--double batting for a baby quilt (especially when they are so often used as play mats rather than as bed coverings because parents use sleep sacs now. This one had a viney-leafy freehand in the center and a modern u-turn design in the border.
This houses quilt is just so cute
I quilted this with a ribbon candy in the 'sidewalks' and a ribbon meander with a few butterflies in the blocks of houses. I thought the ribbon meander could be the butterflies flight path (I guess I was having a whimsical day when I quilted this one). The quilting shows so nicely with the double batting.
And this third quilt Heather had done the hand quilting on the interior, and asked me to do the borders
The fabrics were nautical themed, so I added a water-y type freehand.

No comments:

Post a Comment