Friday 26 November 2021

My Grassy Creek

This is my version of Bonnie Hunter's 2020 Mystery quilt, Grassy Creek. It's large, I think about 96" square. The suggested colors were
but my fabric shop looked like this
My grey is a handdyed linen, that I already had, everything else was purchased at Along Came Quilting. It wasn't an easy fabric pull, as I didn't have a clear vision when I started, so I left piles of bolts in my wake.
I slowly got it put together over the first part of 2021, and then it had to wait its turn for quilting.
I have been using freehand clamshells, with different 'fills' in the shells for Bonnie Hunter quilts recently--the piecing makes it a no-mark design. I am very pleased with how this one turned out.
Step 1 of the 2021 Quiltville Mystery quilt just released today---so far I am strong, and haven't started it. I'd like to get a few of my other tops quilted first, before committing to something new. We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment