Tuesday 23 November 2021

Hyde Park 2

This Hyde Park was made for a minister who has left our church congregation for a different job, and we wanted to express appreciation and best wishes. The back is covered in signatures and wishes.
I'm sure I mentioned this before, when I posted the first Hyde Park quilt I got to quilt, but I love how the crosses appear in the secondary design, which makes it a particularly appropriate pattern for this recipient. Also, I hadn't realized until we were presenting it that the colors in this quilt really reflect the colors in the wall banners in our sanctuary. Colleen (who selected and pieced the quilt) probably knew all along. She's clever like that.
The quilting on this is spirals, as spirals have some meaning to the recipipent and his colleagues. I won't explain it well here, but spiraling is a thought and understanding process, as well as a template, if you will, of structuring sermons. Plus, it adds fantastic texture to a quilt! (which was a key factor in my decision making)

No comments:

Post a Comment