Monday 11 July 2022

Kaleidoscope

This quilt is one of mine. I just love this Kaldeidoscope plaids and stripes by Allison Glass fabric line, and so when I saw this Kaleidoscope kit at Keystone Modern Creative I just had to have it.
This pattern is paper pieced, and the only frustration I had in making it is I didn't follow the first step in every paper pieced pattern, probably becuase the quilt shop had printed the pattern out and sent it with the fabric,I didn't measure the 1" square to make sure it was the right size, and my first blocks wound up too small. I decided to start again as I didn't want a smaller quilt--I found the pattern online (see link above) and reprinted at the right size, and the quilt went together very nicely.
I had planned to keep this quilt for myself, but as I was making it, it told me in many ways that it belonged to my cousin. So it has gone to live with my cousin. Aren't the saturated colors in these fabrics great?
I did have scraps to play with though--so I've made a scrap top, and it's waiting in the TBQ (ToBeQuilted) pile, and maybe I'll get to keep that one.
and the 4 blocks that were too small are sewn together and will make a pillowtop

No comments:

Post a Comment