Friday 15 July 2022

Speed Date with Improv

In 2021 I also got to do a zoom class with Krista Hennebury aka Poppyprint called Speed Date with Improv. She takes a lot of the decision making away for the purposes of the class by limiting the fabric pull to one color, black and white. I chose blue, navy and white. Then she takes you through making several types of improv blocks and then puzzling them together. I had fun, got this put togther, and then didn't know what to do with it, so it sat in the TBQ (ToBeQuilted) pile. Then, a few months ago, my middle, as he was thinking of moving out, started looking around and asked if I had any wall hangings I wasn't using, and that he might take with him. I pulled this one out, and he liked it. I asked if he wanted it finished as a wall hanging or a pillow, and he chose pillow.
I had fun with the quilting, all improv, no rulers for the straight lines.
I put a small wale courdory on the back. Partly because I had Neva's Patchwork Pillows in my mind, and they used courdory backings, and partly becuase I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment