Friday 8 July 2022

Crumb Quilt

In March 2021 I particpated in a crumb block Playcation with Cheryl Arkison I had been saving these crumbs as a "curated" group of scraps since making the Tula Pink 100 Modern Quilt blocks 5 years earlier, so it was time for them to be used! A playcation is a fun way to spend an afternooon--Cheryl Arkison is always good entertainment and there is always something to learn from her. So the photo above is the slab, or quilt top that I made. But I wasn't sure what to do with it, so it sat for about a year, and then I wanted to do a little demonstration for one of my quilt groups on how I made a quilted pillow top. I use a combination of online tutorials from Jaybird Quilts and from Elizabeth Hartman. I quilted up the slab I had made and made a pillow from it, and I LOVE it! I started out doing just straight-ish line quilting and even on such a small piece I found it to be so boring I quilkly had to switch it up. I really admire the look of straight line quilting--and now I admire the patience of those who do a lot of it.
I had some pieces left over from the slab, so I made a little bag too

No comments:

Post a Comment