Thursday 12 August 2021

On Ringo Lake modified

 

This is Kerri's version of Bonnie Hunters Mystery Quilt On Ringo Lake   Kerri left out the sashing, using it as a border instead.  I just love her fabrics and colors.


I quilted a freehand clamshell, a design I learned from Christina Cameli

Kerri has many many fabrics, so it is a scrappy quilt, with lots of interest when you look close at the fabrics, but because she controlled her colors really well it reads more uniformly and the design from the piecing shows really clearly.

I used Christina Cameli's freehand clams on this quilt--I was so pleased with the texture and effect when I had used it previously, I had been waiting for another quilt with piecing sized appropriately to use the piecing to gauge the placement of the clamshells. 

1 comment:

  1. Love that freehand clamshell quilting...perfect for this quilt with a thousand pieces!

    ReplyDelete