Saturday 21 August 2021

Quilters Playcation: Crumbs

 

Cheryl Arkison is a local Calgary quilter whose work and writing I really enjoy.  She started offering Playcations--a zoom class where she did some demo work, and allowed and encouraged the students to play and visit.  I did a crumb block playcation and had a lot of fun with it.  

 


oops--totally not a flattering screengrab --sorry Cheryl.

I always enjoy listening to Cheryl talk about quilting....if you're looking for a fun way to spend an evening and maybe a chance to learn a new skill, I recommend a Playcation.  Improv is still really hard for me, but each time I try it I like it more so I persist.


I know it seems like a very random and motley crew of fabrics--but I had saved all these crumbs from making one quilt, so I felt sure they belonged together.   These were the leftover bits from my Tula Pink 100 Modern Quilt blocks quilt.  which I did as a block of the month at Along Came Quilting. way back in 2015.  I'll add one photo below but if you want to see more follow the link above to my original blog post. 






No comments:

Post a Comment