Thursday 23 September 2021

Fractal Bargello quilt


 

When I spotted this two fabric bargello on Keystone Modern Creative's website, I just had to have it.  The pattern is Fractal by Patti Carey

I've long had a bargello on my list of quilts to make, because my Nana (my Dad's Grandma) used to do bargello needle point, and I've got a pillow made of bargello needlepoint my Aunt made me (which I absolutely loved as a kid).  But, a bargello is a lot of work, and so this one really struck my fancy. I also really liked that the background fabric goes between each column on this pattern, and the rainbow sealed the deal. 

The color changes within each main color block are all at crazy angles, and so I decided to carry that along into my quilting design, and it also fit the Fractal name of the quilt. 
I've given this one to my sister, but if I find this fabric again, I'll for sure make another.


No comments:

Post a Comment