Thursday 30 December 2021

Christmas at Noreen's

Merry Christmas from Noreen's house. Noreen made 5 Christmas quilts for gifting this year. She started early--I quilted the first few in March, but wasn't able to share until after Christmas because secret Christmas gifts. Quilt one got a feathered swirl (a la Kathleen Quilts) freehand edge to edge design and had a pretty pointsetta backing. This one is being gifted to someone who does do freehand quilting, so I was aiming for a design that I don't think she does on her own quilts.
The quilting does show nicely on the back
Quilt two is, I think, a BQ2 block. Pointsettas and pinecones.
There was so much movement and pattern in the background fabric, I didn't want the quilting to compete, so a ribbon meander in a red thread. Ribbons being very Christmas appropriate.
The quilting can't really be seen from the front--but shows nicely on the flannel backing
Quilt 3 is called Christmas Relish.
This quilt I quilted with freehand curls, which I like to call filigree. I think it's very elegant and has lovely mtion. I used a shiny gold colored Magnifico thread for this one.
And again, the longarmer is rewarded with a lovely showing of the quilting on the back
I think quilt 4 is called Honor. The piecing in this one was more simple, so I added a little custom quiting combined with my favourite E's and 3s.
I just love the panel in the center of this one.
And again, the quiltng shows well on the flannel backing
And lastly we have, quilt 5, Christmas Dimaonds. One of the things I really like about this quilt is how it has fabrics from the others, perfect for family gifts.
The one block quilt made it easy to do freehand clamshells. I just love the texture this design gives.
The quilting is a little hard to see in these photos on the front, but once again, the red flannel backing was my friend
I bet it was a great Christmas for Noreen's kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment