Sunday 19 December 2021

Patchwork City--Metro

Vicki made this quilt--Metro, from the Patchwork City book by Elizabeth Hartman
I had so much fun quilting this quilt, recognizing fabrics Vicki had used in previous quilts I have longarmed for her, and admiring everything about the blocks--design, precision, fabric choices.
I quilted it with an Angela Walters freehand design--because Vicki had told me the quilt had a top, I felt comfortable putting this very linear design on it--and thought it complemented the modern feel to the blocks as well
Since starting to make this quilt, Vicki said they've done some rearranging in the house and so she didn't quite know where she was going to put this quilt. I very quickly offered to house it for her, but she declined my kind and selfless offer, and came and picked it up. :(
Vicki made the backing beautiful too--with this lovely rainbow of fabrics used in the front of the quilt

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow - that is really cool!! I can not believe she turned down your offer... you were being so kind!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a really fabulous pattern and your stitching design compliments it perfectly. Too about her turning down your offer.

    ReplyDelete