Saturday 11 December 2021

Our Hearts Will Go On

This is Sujatha's Our Hearts Will Go On quilt, it's based on a Storm at Sea block, and Sujatha did a great job with all those angles and points. In Sujatha's version, the green hearts were very subtle, so she asked for some light custom quilting to help the hearts stand out a little. It's hard to see in these photos (we had a real run of very low light days), but I outlined the hearts and feathered them, with E's and 3's in the remainder of the body of the quilt
It's quite easy to see on the back, I had recently done an online feathers class with Bethanne Nemesh, and she had a tip about which side to add feathers on a spineless feather which really helped me out, rather than my old trope of counting 2's and 4's.
The border got echoed swirls--to add the "storm at sea", and the inner border some wavy lines following the print.

2 comments:

  1. Very nice! I’m so impressed with the quilt AND the quilting. Just WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so pretty! I love all the stitching designs you used. They enhance all the piecing nicely.

    ReplyDelete